Rocky Mountain Overseas international moving preparation checklist:
- Do NOT pack your passport, medical records, car titles and other important documents in a file box or cabinet that will be loaded into the container.
- Before you schedule your international move, contact your embassy, consulate, and Bureau of Consular Affairs of your new country regarding advice, visas, taxes and duties, policy and procedures for entry. (travel.state.gov/links.html) (www.state.gov/s/cpr/rls/fco)
- Contact Rocky Mountain Overseas to learn the custom regulations and prohibited & restricted goods in the area in which you are relocating.
- Make a list of all your questions and concerns to discuss with a Rocky Mountain Overseas moving consultant when requesting a rate quotation.
- Obtain clear copies of your passport and or visa as we will request you send or scan us a copy. You will also need to present a copy when clearing customs in other countries.
- Provide us with your address and all phone numbers in the country in which you are relocating.